Note To Readers: There has been some griefing recently, so please update the page if you notice something missing.
|Name in Japanese||小鳥遊 六花|
|Romaji Translation||Takanashi Rikka|
|Debut (Anime)||Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 01 - An Encounter with...the Wicked Eye|
|Debut (Light Novel)||Chuunibyou Demo Koi Ga Shitai! Volume 1|
|Appears in||Anime, Light Novel|
|Voice Actor (Japanese)||Maaya Uchida|
|Voice Actor (English)||Margaret McDonald|
|Age||16 (S1) 17 (S2) 18 (Movie)|
|Height||150 cm (4'11")|
|Weight||47 kg (104 lbs)|
|Relatives|| Tōka Takanashi (sister, Anime only)|
Mrs. Takanashi (mother)
Mr. Takanashi (father, deceased)
Unnamed grandfather (grandfather)
Unnamed grandmother (grandmother)
|Title||High School Freshman, Tyrant's Eye|
Rikka Takanashi is a "chūnibyō patient" who enrolls in the same high school as Yuuta Togashi. Unlike Yuuta, she still suffers from the eighth grader syndrome. She believes she is a sorceress possessed by the "Tyrant's Eye" that will reveal destinies. She wears a medical eyepatch over her right eye to seal her "Tyrant's Eye". Those who have seen her "Tyrant's Eye" are considered as completely signing a contract with her. She moved into the apartment above Yuuta's apartment to stay with her sister, Tōka Takanashi.
Rikka and Tōka lived together with their parents when they were young. Everything was fine until their father died. After his death, Rikka went to live with her grandparents. She had some hard times when living with them because her grandfather was strict and did not approve of Rikka's chūnibyō behavior. Rikka still cannot accept the fact that her father died, because it was too sudden. She believes that she can see her father again beyond the "Ethereal Horizon", and is trying hard to retrieve him. She moved to her sister's apartment and is currently living with her.
Rikka was described as having black hair and black eyes in the novel, yet in the anime her hair was drawn as a dark purple-blue with cyan colored eyes and wears a yellow color contact lens on her right eye, over which she wears a medical eyepatch. She often wears a pair of roller shoes, which she uses in order to increase mobility. Her ahoge occasionally reacts to her mood, in a comedic matter, sometimes moving with sound effects.
Rikka is a classic case of a chuunibyo, constantly living out her fantasies and exhibiting strange behaviors as a result. She is very dramatic and theatrical, claiming to possess the "Tyrant's Eye" which allows her to reveal destines, even wearing an eye-patch to "seal its powers". Her delusions tend to reflect her feelings in real life, such as how she professed that tomatoes burn away your mana so as to avoid eating. Though she does her best to commit to her fantasies, there are a few moments when Rikka will break character, such as when getting flustered or getting hit in the head by Yuuta or her sister. She is alienated by her classmates due to her weird outbursts, and doesn't try too hard to make friends. Though she acts like a cool and mysterious sorceress, Rikka is in fact extremely clumsy, and failed miserably when she tried to join other clubs such as cheerleading.
Later, when Yuuta lashes out at Rikka for using her delusions as an excuse to run away from her problems, she becomes much more somber and mellow. It is revealed that when Rikka's father passed away, the suddenness of his death was so shocking that Rikka refused to accept it, instead inventing a fantasy world which would allow her to see her father beyond the "Ethereal Horizon". With the help of Yuuta, she eventually comes to terms with his death and tearfully says her goodbyes. She reverts back to her chuunibyou state, though this time at peace as she begins developing feelings for Yuuta.
She often brings her main “weapon” around, which is the Schwarz Sechs Prototype MkII, a spring-loaded umbrella. With it, she can cast special attacks such as "Gungnir", "Schwarz Schild", "Wicked Twinkle", "Dark Matter Blaze", "Judgement Lucifer", "Laplace-Sphere", etc.
- Rikka's given name (六花) also has the meaning of "snow". Her mother named Rikka as such because she was pregnant with Rikka during the winter.
- Rikka's character concept i.e: wearing an eye patch, having indigo hair and a fondness over a character, etc., may have been a reference to Chrome Dokuro from Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
- Rikka's Wicked Eye maybe a reference to these following anime characters' third eyes: Rokudo Mukuro's Six Paths of Reincarnation from Katekyo Hitman Reborn!, Sasuke Uchiha's Sharingan and Neji Hyuuga's Byakugan from Naruto, Hiei's Jagan Eye from Yu Yu Hakusho and Starjun's third eye from Toriko.
- Rikka shares her birthday (June 12) with her English voice actress, Margaret McDonald.
- Rikka was ranked as the 4th cutest girl in her class by her male classmates (there were 2 number 2 and no number 3).
- She became a chunibyo after watching Yuuta/Dark Flame Master since she and Toka moved into their apartment in episode 10.
- Rikka is the club leader of the far eastern magic nap society (of summer).
- "So our paths have finally crossed at last."
- "Na! Na! Na! Na! Na! Na! Na! Na! BAM!!!"
- "I am the eye of the wicked lord, member number zero, Rikka Takanashi!"
- "Reality be rent... Synapse break.... Vanishment this world!!"
- "Blast the reality, Burst into shreds, Vanishment... this world!!"